The Brazil Energy Programme (BEP) is a 34-month programme that will provide technical assistance and fund management to support the Brazilian government and the private sector to accelerate growth in renewable energy and clean energy technology. The Programme is financed by the UK’s Prosperity Fund, which is dedicated to supporting the adoption of technology and regulatory innovations that can help unlock potential in emerging economies and accelerate progress towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
To achieve this, BEP will:
- Help to strengthen regulation and market mechanisms to foster expansion of offshore wind, waste to energy, biofuels, solar energy and interface technologies
- Support regulatory agencies and ministries to use natural gas as a transition fuel to support the greater involvement of renewable intermittent energy sources in Brazil’s energy mix
- Demonstrate the potential of emerging technologies to increase renewable energy affordability for Brazil’s consumers, particularly those who are ‘energy-poor’
The BEP is one of four Prosperity Fund programmes implemented in Brazil. Adam Smith International is the Delivery Partner of the Energy Programme.
Scope of Work:
In the area of offshore wind, BEP aims at supporting the adoption of regulation and market innovations in the sector to support energy security and inclusive growth with greater economic and social impact. The Offshore Wind Coordinator will work in close cooperation with the BEP Policy and Regulatory Lead for Electricity and a multidisciplinary delivery team. S/he will coordinate the timely execution and delivery of BEP offshore wind activities, which are targeted at policy and regulatory advisory, feasibility studies and technical assessments, financial modelling, strategic advisory and market development.
Specifically, the Offshore Wind Coordinator will:
- Lead the delivery of offshore wind activities by BEP technical team.
- Review and conduct quality assurance of technical reports BEP technical teams and progress against the workplan milestones.
- Coordinating with the BEP Programme Management Unit to ensure BEP targets are achieved, including design and planning of activities, mainstreaming of gender and social inclusion across offshore wind activities.
- Working with the BEP Senior Leadership and Programme Management Unit to report on progress, planning and risks.
- Liaising with client and beneficiaries to report on progress of activities and strategic issues for the sector.
- Follow processes and procedures from the BEP Programme Management Handbook
- Identify potential business opportunities and liaise with BEP relevant teams and external stakeholders
Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and/or Portuguese and Spanish
- A Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field
- At least 5 years of experience in offshore wind and/or onshore wind, including experience in one or more of the following areas: setting or advising on policy and regulatory frameworks for offshore wind, project concept development/preliminary design, business development, financial modelling, value chain development, CSR programmes, investment facilitation services.Experience with offshore solar and tidal is an advantage.
- Analytical mindset, proven ability and strong track record in communicating information and conveying key messages to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Cultural awareness and emotional intelligence needed to communicate clearly, confidently, concisely and effectively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders, including public and private sector actors
- Experience in leading and coordinating teams
- Ability to work independently
Location, Reporting and Management
- This is a full time position (220 days per year) until March 2023, home based until COVID-related travel restrictions are eased, and may require national and international travel in the future.
- The Offshore Wind Coordinator will report to the Policy and Regulatory Lead for Electricity, Technical Director and Programme Manager.
How to Apply
- Please submit a CV (no more than 2 pages) and short cover letter with subject headline “Brazil Offshore Wind Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted.
- Deadline for applications is 31 January 2021.
Adam Smith International is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to consider all applicants regardless of colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability.